We took a break from the Boring...I mean interesting History reading we were doing and did a Fall/Thanksgiving unit study. We capped it off with some baking and a very low key day. I am a bit of a slave to my schedule, so when I can relax with the kids they can relax too! It was fun to break up the monotony. We bought those little baking pumpkins and got the last 2 in the store! They are super hard to cut but a friend brought us an Ulu from Alaska and it did the trick. The pumpkin came out so yummy I could eat it fresh baked! We made pumpkin seeds and fresh pumpkin bread, it turned out so good. It was very RICH! Just how we like it! We also made our caramel apples, this is a tradition and each year we learn more about how to do it right. It is so hard to get the caramel to stick just right and we love to load on the goodies. Last year they were hard as rocks, this year they were yummy but the topping drooped too much. One thing we noticed was the messier the creation the better it turned out! Next year we will try again!
We took a break from the Boring...I mean interesting History reading we were doing and did a Fall/Thanksgiving unit study. We capped it off with some baking and a very low key day. I am a bit of a slave to my schedule, so when I can relax with the kids they can relax too! It was fun to break up the monotony. We bought those little baking pumpkins and got the last 2 in the store! They are super hard to cut but a friend brought us an Ulu from Alaska and it did the trick. The pumpkin came out so yummy I could eat it fresh baked! We made pumpkin seeds and fresh pumpkin bread, it turned out so good. It was very RICH! Just how we like it! We also made our caramel apples, this is a tradition and each year we learn more about how to do it right. It is so hard to get the caramel to stick just right and we love to load on the goodies. Last year they were hard as rocks, this year they were yummy but the topping drooped too much. One thing we noticed was the messier the creation the better it turned out! Next year we will try again!





Comments