This photo of Caleb about sums it up! We ended our Texas Ranger season and moved right into All-Stars! Caleb and Connor both made the A-Team. Jordan was 1 vote away from making the B-Team which isn't too shabby for a 1st time player! Next year for sure! I did not know what I was getting myself into and Scott seemed to have forgotten what All-Stars were all about. I think it is all about winning! We had 2 straight weeks of practice every night but Sunday. Then once the tournament begins you play until you lose twice. This could have been a short thing or a long one. The games were played in a town called Pflugerville almost an hour away every night. We drove a total of over 600 miles. We started off with a loss and then began a winning streak that lasted 5 more games. It was exciting and stressful all at the same time. You want the kids to have fun but this ugly monster seems to rise up in you and you want to win so bad. I am not talking about the kids at all I am talking about us, the so-called adults. Yes I said "US". I would love to be able to say I was not one of those parents but something very strange happened to me and every parent around me. The cheering turns to shouting, dads everywhere are saying "come on boy get your head in the game" (maybe that is just Texas). Your friend suddenly becomes your enemy when it is your son that drops the ball and then you are practically embracing when her son saves the play! Crazy! I think it is as much a learning time for the kids as it is for the adults, but isn't that always what happens! Just when we think we knew it all! The boys made it all the way to finish out in third place. The last few games were amazing! They played their hearts out! After our last win the coach who is all Texas was giving his rah rah speech about how proud he was and as he is giving this speech he is dipping and just before he finishes off he shoves a big wad of chew in his mouth! What a role model!!!!! It was quite funny and nobody really thought anything of it except the Yankees from California!!!

I am so thankful to be posting right now! Maybe some didn't even notice we were gone! Mac users will be laughing at this post because this would never happen to them! I think that guy from Ed has a commercial about it too. A week ago Monday my computer just died, just like that, it made a funny sound and went black. After sitting in shock for a few minutes I called Dell. This company runs a tight ship and I couldn't be more impressed. We did not buy the extended warranty when we purchased the computer so they could not send a technician for free but what they will do is let you send it to them in a box they pay for and ship. The whole process including sending me a new powercord to test first, took 7 days and did not cost me a dime! It was the motherboard and they did whatever it is they do to replace it. I could not believe the service that comes just for owning a Dell! We have had the computer for almost 3 years and have not put a dime into it beyond the actual purc...

Comments